*** Please RSVP for updates and further details: https://bit.ly/2DBKXZX ***
Join this Labor Forum to share stories from your union healthcare struggles and hear from unions about how SB 562 is a chance to stop the endless fights over healthcare at the bargaining table and go on OFFENSE by winning guaranteed healthcare for ALL in California. You’ll leave armed with great information and new resources to share with others.
Panel discussion with:
- John Acosta, President of AFM Musicians Local 47
- Michael Lighty, Policy Director for California Nurses Association
- Leslie Simon, Co-Chair of Labor United for Universal Healthcare
- Dave Campbell, Secretary-Treasurer of Steelworkers USW Local 675
Learn how we go on offense with S.B. 562 — win healthcare justice for ALL:
- FINALLY get healthcare off the bargaining table.
- Comprehensive benefits; no no premiums, deductibles or co-pays.
- Money saved on healthcare can go to wages and pensions.
- Preserve Taft-Hartley funds.
- Eliminate healthcare as a barrier for organizing.
- Cover retiree healthcare benefits. (Eliminate the $91 billion GASB liability)
- End plans that exclude family members or cover them at high costs.
- Replace premiums, deductibles, and co-pays with progressive, public financing.